[OS X TeX] Lost in Mac space

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Sat Dec 13 23:38:13 EST 2008

On Dec 13, 2008, at 10:21 PM, George Ghio wrote:

> I have - MacHD/library/tex/root/texmf
> and - georgeghio/library/texshop - No texmf.
> My understanding is that "home" is "georgeghio". But if I put a
> texmf file in - georgeghio/library - tex does not find it or files
> in it.

You need to create a >directory< called "texmf" in the location
~georgeghio/Library.

In other words, if you were to click on "MacHD" in the finder, you
would then need to click on "Users", then on "georgeghio", then on
"Library", and then click on "File->New Folder" in the Finder menu.
Change the name of the folder to "texmf".

While you are at it, you may as well create a subdirectory in "texmf"
named "tex", and a subdirectory of "tex" named "latex".

I can't imagine anything not already being present in TeXLive, but if
there is something you need, or if you need to use an older version of
a package, then put the package in the "tex" or "latex" folder, as
appropriate.

--
David Watson • Graduate Student • Medicinal Chemistry • 425 Faser Hall
• University MS  38677 • 1.662.915.1663