[OS X TeX] [pdftk] MacOS Roman -> Western ISO Latin 9

Friedrich Vosberg fvosberg at me.com
Sun Dec 14 06:46:58 EST 2008

On 14.12.2008, at 4.30, David Watson wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2008, at 2:36 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> basefname="`basename "$1" .tex`"
>> lp -o media=a4 "${basefname}.pdf"
>> pdftk  "${basefname}.pdf" background ~/Pictures/Watermarks/
>> bgabschrift.pdf output printfile.pdf
>> lp -o sides=two-sided-long-edge -o media=a4 printfile.pdf
>> rm printfile.pdf
>
> Now, you are using "lp" with the option to set the media to a4,
> which is all well and good, but here is where you lose me:
> you are trying to "lp" the file $(basefname).pdf
> but at this point, nothing has been done to create the file $
> (basefname).pdf

The PDF output file has been created before by running another script.
The purpose of this approach is: By the first engine creates the PDF
file so that I can check the output. If the output is okay, I run the
second script to print the document in duplicate: One clean version
and one with the watermark ABSCHRIFT (German for COPY).

Kind regards, Friedrich

--
»Eine Fehlentscheidung auf Anhieb spart immerhin Zeit.« (Helmar Nahr)