[OS X TeX] On the "Typeset" menu

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Mon Dec 22 17:07:08 EST 2008

On Mon 22nd Dec, 2008 at 14:27, Herbert Schulz seems to have written:

> In most cases you can probably do better by using the latexmk engines
> supplied with TeXShop (or get the latest version as Latexmk402bTeXShop218.zip
> at <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>) since it will automatically run
> (xe/pdf)latex (depending upon which engine you use), any necessary runs of
> bibtex and/or makeindex and (xe/pdf)latex as many times as necessary to
> resolve cross-references, etc. It works nicely with many packages that
> produce multiple indexes, bibliographies, glossaries, etc., but may need some
> help if you use non-standard extensions.

What happens to the console output in this case? I always look through
it and I've assumed that running latexmk is equivalent to running the
tools by hand which would mean the console output was wiped before I
had a chance to examine it. Is that correct?

Thanks,
cfr