[OS X TeX] Definitive font guide, please?

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Wed Dec 24 22:26:50 EST 2008

On Wed 24th Dec, 2008 at 16:13, Peter Dyballa seems to have written:

> Am 24.12.2008 um 15:07 schrieb M. Tamer Özsu:
>
>> Any suggestions?
>

> For what do you need the Vietnamese VnTeX nonfree fonts? If the standard curl
> programme in Mac OS X fails and obviously does not report its failure, then
> wget might be of better help ...
>
> IMO the site http://vntex.sf.net is down or the fonts are not available at
> http://vntex.sf.net/download/vntex.

Did you check? I did. I also downloaded the archive and unzipped it
using the locations specified in the script. All was fine. Of course,
it _could_ be that the site just happened to be fine just then but the
fact that several people are seeing failures at the same point for the
same archive suggests to me that something else is going on. Admittedly
I haven't the faintest idea what.

- cfr