[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.2

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Dec 28 09:32:34 EST 2008

On Dec 28, 2008, at 8:04 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2008, at 6:21 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:
>
>> First, I think that is a very good idea to make this GUI, then my
>> english is not very good and I don't understand some lines like
>>

>> TLMListUpdatesOperation[59244] tlmgr does not support --machine-
>> readable; ad-hoc parsing will be used
>>

> A new version of tlmgr, known as tlmgr2, is expected some time next
> year. It will have some advanced features to support GUI front end
> applications and will support the --machine-readable option. You are
> getting this message because the present tlmgr doesn't support that
> option. This message is purely informative and incosequential;
> ignore it!

Yes, what Herb said :).  These messages are present for a couple of
reasons:

1) tlmgr is slow, so it helps to see that something is happening
2) diagnostics when a problem occurs

If you don't see any warning dialogs or failure messages, things
should be fine.

In your case, it looks like the initial download of the tlmgr update
script failed, but the next attempt succeeded; that's the only real
problem in the messages, and is probably a CTAN mirror problem.

thanks,
Adam