[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.2

Adam M. Goldstein a.m.goldstein at mac.com
Mon Dec 29 17:07:40 EST 2008

I also find the manage-updates/manage-packages "tabs" confusing. When
the "tab" is active, it's grayed out; this looks to me like it's not
active, as though it is a tab that's behind the other one, which is
active. I think the way this kind of thing is usually done is to have
a kind of bar-shaped figure divided up into buttons, and clicking on
one of the buttons causes it to become blue. For instance, look at the
desktop/screensaver preference pane in System Preferences (Leopard).
Also, rather than be at the top of a table view, the bar is usually
straddling the "edge" of an "indented area."

Just my 2 cents . . . maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I have been
sitting here clicking back and forth on the two buttons to try and
figure out which one really is active. Somehow I suspect that I am the
only one that has this problem.

Thanks for a great new application!

-Adam
Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS