[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.2

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 30 09:00:41 EST 2008

On Dec 30, 2008, at 4:52 AM, Matthias Damm wrote:

> I recognized that I did not get any message from LittleSnitch(*)
> during the first try, while on the second one, LittleSnitch asked me
> to allow the acces to the several sites.
> So maybe some problem between TLU and LS cound have caused TLU not
> to be able to access some remote data.

Howdy,

That's interesting. I noticed that Little Snitch (2.0.4 -- latest
version) was throwing lots of Crash Reports (in ~/Library/Logs/
CrashReporter/) while TLU was running. I killed the Little Snitch
daemon and then restarted it and had no problem from then on. I
submitted a bug report with one of the crash reports to the author of
Little Snitch but haven't heard back yet. I do have an entry for .../
wget.universal-darwin for several ctan sites (if Little Snitch ever
asks again I'll tell it to allow any request) in the rule list and
haven't seen the problem for a while now.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)