[OS X TeX] problems with TikZ examples

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 12:31:33 EST 2008

Hi.

The fixes mentioned previously (adding a comma in one spot, including
the positioning library) worked on the two examples given.  BTW, where
was I supposed to see that I needed the positioning library?

I'm now working my way through the other examples in Section 23.

The first example on page 227 fails, with the following error msg:

! Package pgfkeys Error: I do not know the key '/tikz/circle split'
and I am go
ing to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled it.

See the pgfkeys package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.78 \node[state with output]
                               at (2,0) {$q_1$ \nodepart{lower} $00$};

The second example fails with

! Package pgfkeys Error: I do not know the key '/tikz/circle split'
and I am go
ing to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled it.

See the pgfkeys package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.82 \node[state]
                   {$q_0$ \nodepart{lower} $11$};

The third example on page 227 fails with

! Package pgf Error: Arrow end type ``stealth''' unknown.

See the pgf package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.88 ...le={draw=blue!50,very thick,fill=blue!20}]

I'll worry about the next ones after I have these fixed.

Again, many thanks.

Art Werschulz
207 Stoughton Avenue, Cranford  NJ 07016-2838
(908) 272-1146