[OS X TeX] problems with TikZ examples

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Tue Dec 30 13:27:11 EST 2008

On Dec 30, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Art Werschulz wrote:

> Hi.
>
> The fixes mentioned previously (adding a comma in one spot,
> including the positioning library) worked on the two examples
> given.  BTW, where was I supposed to see that I needed the
> positioning library?
>
> I'm now working my way through the other examples in Section 23.
>
> The first example on page 227 fails, with the following error msg:
>
> ! Package pgfkeys Error: I do not know the key '/tikz/circle split'
> and I am go
> ing to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled it.

If you do a search for "circle split" in Preview through the
documentation for pgf (e.g. in the file pgfmanual.pdf") it will take
you to page 340, where it is evident that you have to include the
"shapes.multipart" library to get this function.

> See the pgfkeys package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.78 \node[state with output]
>                              at (2,0) {$q_1$ \nodepart{lower} $00$};
>
> The second example fails with
>
> ! Package pgfkeys Error: I do not know the key '/tikz/circle split'
> and I am go
> ing to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled it.

See my explanation above.

> See the pgfkeys package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.82 \node[state]
>                  {$q_0$ \nodepart{lower} $11$};
>
> The third example on page 227 fails with
>
> ! Package pgf Error: Arrow end type ``stealth''' unknown.

Perhaps this is in the "arrows" library? Search for "stealth" and you
will find an example in the "arrows" library that uses the apostrophe
at the end: stealth'