[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.4

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Dec 31 09:58:56 EST 2008

On Dec 30, 2008, at 11:03 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> TLU 0.4 is available for download.  Among other changes, X11 should
> no longer be launched when updating the tlmgr infrastructure
> packages, and scrolling the package list should be much faster.
>
> Direct link:
>
> http://mactlmgr.googlecode.com/files/TeX%20Live%20Utility.app-20081230.tgz
>
> You should also be able to launch an earlier version and update
> using Sparkle.
>
> Feel free to file bug reports on the project page:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/mactlmgr/issues/list
>
> thanks,
> Adam

Howdy,

Just updated from 0.3->0.4 via the internal Sparkle on one system and
all went very smoothly.

I never seemed to have the problem with X11 starting up so can't
comment on that.

As stated in a previous e-mail, the scrolling is much improved and the
spinner doesn't seem to lock up while waiting for downloads from the
server.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)