[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.4

Adam M. Goldstein a.m.goldstein at mac.com
Wed Dec 31 11:38:18 EST 2008

On Dec 31, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Just updated from 0.3->0.4 via the internal Sparkle on one system
> and all went very smoothly.

Same here.

> As stated in a previous e-mail, the scrolling is much improved and
> the spinner doesn't seem to lock up while waiting for downloads from
> the server.

I noticed this in 0.3, but the problem is still there. Switching tabs
creates a message in the table part of the window that says something
is happening, the spinner goes around a half a turn or so, then stops;
then a message appears indicating that the action is complete (or
something cryptic that I take means that the action is complete) and
then the spinner disappears.

Great work on this---how many times does a 1MB application do
something so useful and important!

Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
agoldstein at iona.edu
a.m.goldstein at mac.com