[OS X TeX] Trouble accessing documents (related to previous thread)

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed Feb 27 13:37:28 EST 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Lantz Susan wrote:

> The comments in yesterday's digest about problems accessing
> documentation (for beamer) reminded me that I had not reported Sunday
> afternoon's search for documentation that, seemingly, does not exist.
> I was using the outlines package, and when the usual methods for
> changing itemsep, parskip, etc. did not work, I opened the terminal and
> typed:
> texdoc outlines

I think that the style should be outline, i.e., try
texdoc outline

Perhaps, you mistyped the call to it in the tex file, when you actually

You may check what outline packages and documentation have with 'find'
from Terminal:

In the folder Applications click on Terminal.app
Then on the command line type the following (without the $ sign):

$ cd /usr/local/            RET
$ find . -name 'outline*'   RET

You'll see all files and documentation having `outline' in their names.

But may be you wanted indeed some package `outlines', which is not in