[OS X TeX] Trouble accessing documents (related to previous thread)

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed Feb 27 13:37:28 EST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Lantz Susan wrote:

> The comments in yesterday's digest about problems accessing
> documentation (for beamer) reminded me that I had not reported Sunday
> afternoon's search for documentation that, seemingly, does not exist.
>
> I was using the outlines package, and when the usual methods for
> changing itemsep, parskip, etc. did not work, I opened the terminal and
> typed:
> texdoc outlines

I think that the style should be outline, i.e., try
texdoc outline

Perhaps, you mistyped the call to it in the tex file, when you actually
needed:

\usepackage{outline}

You may check what outline packages and documentation have with 'find'
from Terminal:

In the folder Applications click on Terminal.app
Then on the command line type the following (without the $ sign):

$ cd /usr/local/            RET
$ find . -name 'outline*'   RET

You'll see all files and documentation having `outline' in their names.

But may be you wanted indeed some package `outlines', which is not in
MacTeX.

Roussanka