[OS X TeX] Trouble accessing documents (related to previous thread)

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Feb 27 13:41:12 EST 2008

At 12:31 PM -0500 2/27/08, Lantz Susan wrote:
>The comments in yesterday's digest about problems accessing
>documentation (for beamer) reminded me that I had not reported Sunday
>afternoon's search for documentation that, seemingly, does not exist.
>I was using the outlines package, and when the usual methods for
>changing itemsep, parskip, etc. did not work, I opened the terminal and
>texdoc outlines
>The terminal returned the answer that there was no documentation for
>outlines. I don't know if that is, indeed, the case, or if this is one
>of the files for which the documentation has a different name.

I don't think outines is part of TeXLive, so
perhaps you don't have documentation because you
(i) have a local copy and/or (ii) you didn't
install the documentation in the correct place in
your local texmf tree.  Your ~/Library/texmf
should have a doc folder.  If you put the
documentation for extra packages there, texdoc
should find it.

>If anyone knows the answer to that question---or to the question of how
>to change the inter-item spacing---I'd like to hear it (them).

outlines itself has no facilities for this.  It
seems to play well with the enumitem package,

\usepackage{outlines, enumitem}
\setlist{noitemsep} % removes the extra vertical spacing
\1 foo
\1 bar
\2 foo0bar
\2 foobar
\1 barfoo

Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824      Tel.  +1-517-355-7491