[OS X TeX] Imposing Latex on authors of articles

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed Feb 27 14:33:56 EST 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 26 févr. 08 à 23:10, Thomas Käufl a écrit :
>
>> That was already the case, when I used FrameMaker (or WriteNow --
>> does anybody remember this text processor?)
>
> The name yes I do remember, though I've never used it. But I do remember
> using ChiWriter under DOS,

At its time it was highly superior to the coexisting Word. Do you know about
some way to convert ChiWriter typesetting into Latex (if feasible at all)?

I typeset my dissertation in ChiWriter under DOS. There is no way for me
to forget the ordeals of incompatibilities between font drivers from a PC
to a PC and between ChiWriter versions on the PCs in Sofia and those in
Moscow (Sofia -> Moscow -> Sofia ...; all that combined with electricity
blackouts in Sofia winded by The Wind of Changes). But, typesetting
mathematics and all the other formatting results with ChiWriter, in
compare to what one would get with Word, powered the efforts. LaTeX was a
great relieve after ChiWriter variations and dependency on DOS computers,
and screen and printer drivers.

Roussanka