[OS X TeX] Generating Medical forms with LaTeX on OS X

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Jan 10 13:35:32 EST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 9:56 AM, culley harrelson wrote:

> I am writing here because I am a long time Mac user.  If I should be
> posting elsewhere please let me know!
>
> My wife is independent small scale medical professional who is
> responsible for generating her own medical forms.  Do you think
> LaTeX would be a good option for this endeavor?  Think about medical
> forms you have seen, or just about any other printed form.  Tables
> with labels for each field, little checkboxes etc.
>
> If not LaTeX, could you recommend another product/format?  LaTeX is
> a fairly large undertaking so I want to make sure I am making the
> right decision before I sink in a bunch of time.

LaTeX will work well for this, and its precision and programmability
and excellent support for the .pdf format (including pdf forms) will
make this a much more productive thing than fiddling w/ laying out the
forms in an interactive / graphical tool, _then_ adding the forms-
interaction in Adobe Acrobat.

Look at the hyperref and acrotex packages for examples / support.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer