[OS X TeX] Once again: Xindy

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jan 15 07:46:53 EST 2008

Am 15.01.2008 um 07:47 schrieb Simon Spiegel:

> Once again, I'm having big problems compiling this.

This version of xindy looks much easier to handle than those before ...

The INSTALL file describes how to do it:

	• configure, with useful options, probably only  --disable-
dependency-tracking (the available options can be found by
invoking: ./configure --help=recursive). Some environment variables
could be set here (my defaults, could be different for other PPC or
non-PPC hardware, or user of MacPorts or users of neither Fink nor
MacPorts):

	    CFLAGS=-pipe -fPIC -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -fast -mpim-altivec -
ftree-vectorize -foptimize-register-move -freorder-blocks -freorder-
blocks-and-partition -fthread-jumps -fpeephole -fno-crossjumping
	    CPPFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp -I/usr/include/openssl -I/sw/include/
pango-1.0 -I/sw/lib/fontconfig2/include -I/usr/local/include -I/sw/
include
	    CXXFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp -I/usr/include/openssl -I/sw/include/
pango-1.0 -I/sw/lib/fontconfig2/include -I/usr/local/include -I/sw/
include
	    LDFLAGS=-dead_strip -bind_at_load -multiply_defined suppress -L/
sw/lib/freetype219/lib -L/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib -L/sw/lib/ncurses -L/
sw/lib -L/usr/local/lib

	• make the software: M-x compile RET RET in GNU Emacs, assuming the
compile command is make -k

	• check was been compiled: M-x compile RET check RET, and, when I
remember right, leave home for long walk, buy what you thought you
could also buy tomorrow or on the crowded weekend; don't come home
too early!

	• install the software: M-x compile RET <up> C-a sudo SPC C-e
install RET and enter your password in echo-area (minibuffer)

It can be a bit more complicated when you think of re-using a
formerly installed clisp package.

Nevertheless: first compilation failed for me:

	configure: loading cache ../config.cache
	configure: error: `CPPFLAGS' has changed since the previous run:
	configure:   former value:  -no-cpp-precomp -I/usr/include/openssl -
I/sw/include/pango-1.0 -I/sw/lib/fontconfig2/include -I/usr/local/
include -I/sw/include
	configure:   current value: -no-cpp-precomp -I/usr/include/openssl -
I/sw/include/pango-1.0 -I/sw/lib/fontconfig2/include -I/usr/local/
include -I/sw/include
	configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
	configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm ../config.cache'
and start over
	make[2]: *** [i18n] Error 1

Obviously a bug in the many configure scripts I'll report.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

They're putting dimes in the hole in my head to see the change in me.