[OS X TeX] Utopia Fonts

Holger Frauenrath mail at frauenrath.com
Sat Jan 19 09:14:51 EST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008, at 2:20 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> The Expert collection provides real (not faked) small caps, semi-
> bold, extra-black titling and old-style digits. See the Fourier
> documentation and its [expert] option.

So what I understood from the documentation is that, in order to use
these fonts (which would be the point of my question), one has to buy
the commercial Utopia Expert font package. They are *not* free, and
neither have they been included in MacTeX. Is this correct?

One can buy Utopia Expert font package either as "Mac Postscript Type
1", "Windows Postscript", or "OpenType" format, the latter being
substantially more expensive. Which one (of the Mac ones) is one
supposed to buy? Do they both work with TeX (after appropriate
changes)? Do they both work with other, "normal" Mac applications?

Best regards
Holger

__
Dr. Holger Frauenrath