[OS X TeX] Utopia Fonts

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 19 08:20:02 EST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008, at 6:40 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 19.01.2008 um 12:19 schrieb Holger Frauenrath:
>
>> Well, I understood from the fourier package description that it
>> only supports 4 of these, and that you will have to buy the
>> commercial fonts if you want to use the "expert" options. Is that
>> wrong?
>
> I don't know. I never had a problem – because I do not write so much
> maths! My advice is to try out whether free Fourier does *not*
> provide some symbol.

Howdy,

The Expert collection provides real (not faked) small caps, semi-bold,
extra-black titling and old-style digits. See the Fourier
documentation and its [expert] option.

By the way, Preview, TeXShop and other applications that use PDFView
seem to crash if you print files using some the Expert fonts under OS
X 10.5.1. Hopefully that will be fixed with 10.5.2. Adobe Reader
(Sigh...) seems to print those documents fine; so there is a temporary
(for me) work around.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)