[OS X TeX] Embedding pdfsync into pdftex

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Fri Jan 25 09:27:11 EST 2008

Hi list,

The pdfsync technology is very useful but it also breaks too many even
more useful packages.
Actually, I managed to move pdfsync to pdftex itself. The benefits are:
- synchronization won't break nor alter any other package
- synchronization works far better
- synchronization works the same whatever format is used, plain ,
context, latex, latex2e, latex3, latex4, latex5...
- synchronization works the same for dvi or pdf output
- no more \includepackage{pdfsync}
I think this is a major improvement for synchronization.

I have submitted a patch to the pdftex developers list, but I don't
know what they think of it, nor if they plan to ever include these
If you think that such a synchronization is really an important
feature for pdftex, please add a comment to

PS: The xetex engine would be adapted accordingly(quite easy)