[OS X TeX] missing symbols in mathptmx with pdftex

Nathan Sanders Nathan.Sanders at williams.edu
Tue Jan 29 00:19:05 EST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 11:58 PM, Nathan Sanders wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2008, at 11:12 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>>
>> By the way, you can install TeXLive 2007 with the MacTeX installer
>> and you will be able to use either gwtex or TeXLive by switching
>> distributions with the preference pane that gets installed.
>
> Thanks, I'll try that out.  I'm downloading it now, and I'll report
> back.

Alright, now I know something is wrong.  I tried to install TeXLive,
and the installation self-aborted with the message "Install Failed:
The Installer could not install some files in /."  I noticed that the
failure occurred while the installer was doing something with "font
utilities".  And when I tried updating gwTeX, I had some issues with
font utilities as well (it wouldn't let me install freetype2, saying
that "unarchiving ended with failure").

So, something is borked... I'm going to try repairing permissions and
see if that helps matters.

Nathan

--
Nathan Sanders