[OS X TeX] Texmaker

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 29 02:41:34 EST 2008

M. Tamer Özsu wrote:
[]
>/usr/local/bin/ps2pdf: line 5: exec: ps2pdfwr not found

It would be interesting to see the contents of the script
/usr/local/bin/ps2pdf. In older versions I see line 5 as

exec ps2pdfwr -dCompatibilityLevel=1.3 "$@"

That is, it calls `ps2pdfwr` simply by its name, relying on the PATH
environment variable to provide the rest of the path to the ps2pdfwr
executable.

Now I know nothing about Texmaker, but it would not be surprising if it
did not set PATH itself and just used what it inherits from the Finder.
This would explain the failure.

In newer versions of ps2pdf, I see something like

ps2pdfwr="`dirname $0`/ps2pdfwr"
exec "$ps2pdfwr" -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 "$@"

That is, it prepends its own path prefix to ps2pdfwr and is thus
independent of PATH settings.

Which version do you have?

--
Martin