[OS X TeX] missing symbols in mathptmx with pdftex

Nathan Sanders Nathan.Sanders at williams.edu
Tue Jan 29 03:13:44 EST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008, at 2:34 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> To cure these problems if present, you should open the TeX i-Package
> in i-Installer and run Configure Only, make sure the relevant steps
> (those related to fonts) are checked, and then choose the proper
> value for each variable.

Thanks Bruno, that seems to have solved the problem! I thought I had
always made sure to configure tex to include fonts, but I might have
hit the wrong button the last time I went through the configuration

I still don't understand why I can't install freetype.  There are
numerous errors complaining about "Too many levels of symbolic links",
and I"m not quite sure where they are or how to correct them (safely!).

Nathan Sanders
Linguistics Program
Williams College