[OS X TeX] Tags, BibTeX, and font question for TeXShop

R Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Tue Jul 1 08:49:22 EDT 2008

All,

I am using LaTeX with TeXShop Version 2.14 on a MacBook Pro and the
2007 MacTeX distribution. I will appreciate help with the following
three issues.

1. TeXShop has a Tags menu that displays all the sections,
subsections, etc. But it does not display the equation tags. Can the
equation tags be displayed? I would like to see a list of the equation
tags, not necessarily under the tags menu.

2. I'm having a problem with BibTex, which was working fine with
TeXShop until I added three new references to the BibTeX file. I use
BibDesk to create and update my .bib file. The typeset preview of
my .tex document displays everything correctly, including the old
references, but it cannot find the three new references. TeXShop does
not add them to the typeset bibliography (which does display the
original 9 references) and the citations of the three new references
in the text display as [?]. I have verified that the updated .bib file
includes the three new references. The .bibl file created by TeXShop
contains only the 9 original references.

3. I tried to use the mathbb font shown in TeXShop's LaTeX panel, but
I get an error when I try to typeset. Here's an example:

$\mathbb{a}$

The console reads:

!Undefined control sequence
<recently read> \mathbb

I.440 $\mathbb
		{a}$
?

Incidentally, I tried to select and copy the console's error message
shown above, but the console does not let me select the text. Why is
that?

Here's the preamble for my document.

\documentclass[12pt]{article}

\usepackage{lmodern}    \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{amsmath,epsfig,latexsym,bm}
\usepackage{exscale,relsize}
\usepackage{tocbibind}

Can anyone help?