[OS X TeX] Re: hyperref/pdflatex position links incorrectly on sidewaystables

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jul 3 08:34:53 EDT 2008

Le 3 juil. 08 à 14:04, Martin Girschick a écrit :

> That's what I thought at first, so I trashed the PDF - still it got
> somehow "reproduced". Now I see why: When changing to TeX
> +Ghostscript, simpdftex is called and somehow this calls pdfeTeX
> which directly produces the PDF and no DVI file. Do I have to add
> any specific options to remove all usepackage pdftex-options?

No, now (starting from TeXLive-2007 I think) latex and pdflatex are
both the same beast, pdftex working either in dvi mode or pdf mode,
respectively, corresponding to the -output-format option. I don't
remember exactly how that works, but I think latex is a symlink to
pdflatex and the fact that you call it by the name "latex" enforces
the option "-output-format dvi". And TeXShop's console will start with:

### This is /usr/texbin/simpdftex, Version 20070507
### /usr/texbin/latex test.tex
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)

Could you post a copy of the (whole) output in TeXShop's console
window, to find out exactly what's happening?

Also, I can't see what you mean by "usepackage pdftex-options". Do you
mean you're loading packages in the form \usepackage[options]{package}
where the options are pdfTeX-specific?

Bruno Voisin