[OS X TeX] "xdv2pdf crashed"

Willem Smelik willem at smelik.myzen.co.uk
Thu Jul 3 13:36:49 EDT 2008

I updated Ulysses to 1.6 but suddenly my LaTeX-export file did not
translate into a PDF via TeXshop, even though the log reports that
a .pdf has been written (which is not the case, however).
Nothing had been changed in my TeXshop settings.

After some tinkering, I found that the problem is not Ulysses, but
TeXshop, because the same export-file *does* translate well on my iBook.
Deleting the .plist file did not help., nor did deleting .aux, .log or
the old. pdf.  Downloading a new copy of TeXshop does not help:
basically, TeXshop does not write a PDF.

I found via the console that "xdv2pdf crashed". But what am I to do
about that?

All the best,

Willem