[OS X TeX] gmane archives out of date.

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Jul 7 19:27:07 EDT 2008

Please don't hijack existing threads -- see the "List Reminders and
Etiquette" link in the footer of this message.

On Jul 7, 2008, at 5:42 PM, Owen Densmore wrote:

> The gmane archive is not keeping up with the list .. last entry I
> see is 14 June.  I'd like to search the archives before asking a
> question that's likely been answered already!  The mailman archives
> aren't easily searchable.

Thank you for noticing that. I just checked and I see that the address
for gmane had been blocked due to excessive bouncing. I have unblocked
it, though I have no idea why it would have excessively bounced and I
also have no idea how to get the missing messages into the gmane
archive. If someone knows how to do this, please let me know. It would
be nice to have the missing messages included.

> BTW: our group has found nabble a better overall list archive, and
> we're changing our existing gmane archives there.  Both isn't a bad
> idea either, redundancy is useful.

What is it you prefer about Nabble over gmane? Can I move gmane
archives to Nabble?

-- Gary