[OS X TeX] svnX and Leopard [OT]

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Mon Jun 16 12:36:34 EDT 2008

Hi, I sent the following to the subverion list, but noone replied,
probably because it's too Mac specific.  Since I know some of us here
use svn, perhaps someone here has encountered this problem and knows
how to solve it.

I use svnX on Macs to access my repositories using svn+ssh. Now with
a new machine running OS 10.5.3 I get the following error:

tchs: svnserve: Command not found
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

I can access the repository from the command line, but not through
the client.  I've set up a dsa key specifically for subversion, and
added it to the authorized keys on the server machine. This works for
two other Macs running 10.4.  (One these machines I use sshagent, but
I understand this is not required on OS 10.5.

In the authorized keys file on the server side the key for subversion
includes the prefix "command=/usr/local/bin/svnserve -t" .

Should this command  have a path that is to svnserve on the server
side? (The server is running 10.4, so svn is in /usr/local/bin
whereas svn is now part of OS 10.5, so on the client machine it's in
/usr/bin.  Could this be a source of the problem?

Any help much appreciated.

Alan