[OS X TeX] How Long...

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat Jun 21 10:53:03 EDT 2008

Herb,

I don't think it is necessary to support 10.3 in MacTeXtras. You have
conveniently collected together programs and lots of other material
for users. A short "README for 10.3" could instruct users to search
the web for older 10.3 versions when the supplied version only works
on 10.4 and above.

MacTeX-2008 is a different matter. I've just finished a (release
candidate) version, and it does support 10.3. But 10.3 is causing more
and more trouble, and in another year we might well support only 10.4
and above.

As Victor Ivrii said, this is only a candidate and will change as TeX
Live is polished.