[OS X TeX] gtamacfonts & Leopard

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Mon Jun 30 18:48:29 EDT 2008

I just checked on the archive and found an old response wrt using XeTeX:

Le 2 avr. 06 à 17:46, Hanjo Iwanowitsch a écrit :

 > I just discovered the gtamac...-font-packages being distributed via
 > i-Installer.
 >
 > My question: is it possible to change the font definition to non-
 > bold sans-serif fonts?: for example the Gill in \usepackage
 > {gtamachoefler} is *very* bold; I would like it to be the "Normal"
 > Gill. Where would I have to fiddle?

An option is to switch to XeTeX. Then, with the fontspec package, all
you will have to do is write something like:

\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setromanfont{Hoefler Text}
\setsansfont[BoldFont={Gill Sans Bold},Scale=MatchLowercase]{Gill
Sans Light}
\setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Andale Mono}

This will use Gill Sans Light instead of Gill Sans as the non-bold
sans font.
On Jun 30, 2008, at 5:34 PM, Paul Vickers wrote:

> David Watson wrote:
> > Perhaps an execution of
> >     sudo updmap-sys --enable Map apple.map
> > from the Terminal is in order?
> >
> >     David Watson
> >

> No joy. Methinks I may just have to move this document over to XeTeX
> as Richard suggests. Sigh. Upgrades are never simple, are they?
>
> Thanks for the input, anyway; much appreciated.

I hope this is of some use to you.
     David Watson