[OS X TeX] Setting Keyboard Shortcuts in TeXShop

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Mon Mar 24 15:43:49 EDT 2008

At 1:43 PM -0500 3/24/08, Chris Goedde wrote:
>On Mar 24, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>>D- Change Command B from meaning Source > Font > Bold to a keyboard
>>command for \textbf
>(1) Open the Macro editor in TeXShop and change the name of the
>"Bold" macro to "bold".
>(2) Open System Preferences and assign cmd-shift-b to "Bold" and
>cmd-b to "bold".

Wow! Thanks Chris. After 20+ years of Mac use I didn't think I'd
learn something so basic. This just shows how stuck we get into using
the OS the way we always have.  I knew about this feature, but have
never used it, since most applications have their own shortcuts set.
But this is really useful for TeXShop.

Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491