[OS X TeX] Re: List of feature requests on this list

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Mar 30 17:39:42 EDT 2008

Hi Alain, and others,

On 26/03/2008, at 5:26 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> 1) I thought that keeping track of the features requested on this
> list  for TeXShop might be helpful.
> 2) I am not too good at it but should improve.
> 3) This is ABSOLUTELY NOT a substitute to making requests on
> SourceForge (It started as a way to gauge the importance accorded
> to wishes on this list but, while that didn't seem to generate much
> interest, the "keeping track" seems to have.)

> L was dropped accidentally  :-(   see 2) above
> M, N, O are at the request of Richard Seguin

> N—An option to always open documents (.tex and .pdf) in the same
> position where they were last closed. (Koch wrote to me about that
> but I will leave it to him.)

Under the Preview menu there is an option "Save Preview position".
Does this not do what you want for the .pdf file?
(It's grayed-out when a .tex file is foremost.)

> O—An option that allows the Tags menu drop down to always display
> at the same scroll position from which the last tag was selected.

Here is another request for a new feature.

It would be nice to be able to easily access the "Finder Info"
for the PDF output from within the Preview window;
e.g. file-size, full path to location, modification date, etc.

Also, it would be nice to be able to easily access the "PDF Info"
that is put into the PDF by the process that was actually used:
  title, creator, producer, keywords, modif. date, etc.

For the latter, there's no need to be able to edit these
  --- though that would be a great feature to have too! ---
but just to be able to check that you have done what you
intended, with  hyperref  package options, or  \hypersetup
commands, or with whatever other method was actually used.

Of course all this info is available anyway, by switching to
another program, such as the Finder or Adobe Reader, respectively.
My request is to avoid the need for making this kind of switch,
and the hunting through directory trees that it entails.

> Regards
> --schremmer

Cheers,

	Ross