[OS X TeX] Re: List of feature requests on this list

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Mar 30 18:42:03 EDT 2008

On 30 Mar 2008, at 10:39 pm, Ross Moore wrote:

> Here is another request for a new feature.
>
> It would be nice to be able to easily access the "Finder Info"
> for the PDF output from within the Preview window;
> e.g. file-size, full path to location, modification date, etc.
>
> Also, it would be nice to be able to easily access the "PDF Info"
> that is put into the PDF by the process that was actually used:
>  title, creator, producer, keywords, modif. date, etc.
>

> For the latter, there's no need to be able to edit these
>  --- though that would be a great feature to have too! ---
> but just to be able to check that you have done what you
> intended, with  hyperref  package options, or  \hypersetup
> commands, or with whatever other method was actually used.
>

> Of course all this info is available anyway, by switching to
> another program, such as the Finder or Adobe Reader, respectively.
> My request is to avoid the need for making this kind of switch,
> and the hunting through directory trees that it entails.

Hi Ross,

There's no need to hunt through directory trees. To access the PDF
info (e.g., to confirm which fonts are used, or check the document
metadata), I just drag the proxy icon from the window's title bar in
TeXShop to the icon of Adobe Reader in my dock (kept there for
exactly this purpose).

For Finder info, command-click the proxy icon or window title, and
choose the enclosing folder from the pop-up, then just press Cmd-I,
as the Finder opens the folder with the appropriate item already
selected for you.

I'd be happy to have all this info readily available within TeXShop,
but it's not all that awkward to access it through other means.

JK