[OS X TeX] "Find" and 10.5.3

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 30 03:39:34 EDT 2008

Le 30 mai 08 à 07:22, Wayne Richter a écrit :

> Being quite unorganized, I have difficulty in remembering the last /
> label used in a manuscript. If I do a "Find All" command, it lists
> all the occurences of, for example, \label{eq:
> which makes it very easy to see the last label I used for equations.
> Quite by accident I found that if I leave this "Find" window open
> and click the box for "Live Update"
> at the bottom of the window, it automatically updates this
> information everytime I Typeset.
> This is a wonderful feature that provides continuous information
> about the labels used.
>
> However, after upgrading to 10.5.3 this Live Update feature no
> longer works.
> Has anyone else had this problem? I would love to get it back again.
>
> I am using a PowerBook G4.

I take it you're referring to TeXShop's built-in editor using the
OgreKit Find Panel, right? Then yes, I see the same as you on a
MacBook: LiveUpdate not working. I'd never tried it before, so I can't
tell whether it worked before 10.5.3.

By the way, there seems to be a problem in the French locale for the
Apple Find Panel (selected through TeXShop Preferences > Document >
Find Panel): in the English locale, the Edit > Find submenu includes
an item "Jump to Selection" (Cmd-J), as do Apple applications (like
TextEditor or Pages); in the French locale this item is replaced by
"Tout Rechercher" (= Find All) with the same shortcut Cmd-J but is
greyed out.

Bruno Voisin