[OS X TeX] Problem with geometry/PSTricks

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat May 31 16:49:35 EDT 2008

Am 31.05.2008 um 21:05 schrieb Doris Wagner:

> I guess your problem is a mathematical one: the range of the
> functions f and g for x\in[10;35] is such that I would choose other
> coordinates for the pspicture-environment.

This is indeed the *real* problem. I visualised the graphs in
EdenGraph and modified Holger's original viewport to:

     \begin{pspicture}(10,-5)(30,15)	% looks quadratic

(There is not so much sense in making the x axis wider than the range
in which the graph is plotted.) This also showed that the failure I
reported before comes from over-full boxes pdfTeX reported. And it
showed one more problem: PDFTricks completely neglects geometry
settings (no landscape!). It also neglects \ifpdf (to have one LaTeX
file from which DVI or PDF can be produced), but not comments ...

Mit friedvollen Grüßen

To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists
are things that are still all mixed up.