[OS X TeX] Problem with geometry/PSTricks

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 31 19:34:04 EDT 2008

On May 31, 2008, at 3:49 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 31.05.2008 um 21:05 schrieb Doris Wagner:
>
>> I guess your problem is a mathematical one: the range of the
>> functions f and g for x\in[10;35] is such that I would choose other
>> coordinates for the pspicture-environment.
>

> This is indeed the *real* problem. I visualised the graphs in
> EdenGraph and modified Holger's original viewport to:
>
>    \begin{pspicture}(10,-5)(30,15)	% looks quadratic
>
> (There is not so much sense in making the x axis wider than the
> range in which the graph is plotted.) This also showed that the
> failure I reported before comes from over-full boxes pdfTeX
> reported. And it showed one more problem: PDFTricks completely
> neglects geometry settings (no landscape!). It also neglects \ifpdf
> (to have one LaTeX file from which DVI or PDF can be produced), but
> not comments ...
>
> --
> Mit friedvollen Grüßen
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

The pdftricks package creates a file that is included in each of the
figure files. The contents of the included file is whatever is placed
in the psinputs environment. Therefore you should include a line to
include the geometry package with its options (do you need to give the
dvips option?).

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)