[OS X TeX] TeXshop - preview jumping after typeset

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 10 11:18:39 EST 2008

On 10 nov 2008, at 16:47, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> I have a PowerPC G4 (2.1) with "Memory: 768 MB" (I assume this is
> the RAM), Do you think increasing the RAM would also do for me?

Memory will improve a lot of things on Mac OS X, and in fact all
computers (Windows and Unix-like systems). Personally I don't want to
use systems with less than 1 GB of memory, and prefer systems with 2
GB or more (have 4  GB at home).

On the other hand: with a G4, you're likely to hit other barriers on
the speed front. "2.1" doesn't mean anything to me, as the G4 never
was produced at speeds exceeding 1.5 GHz, are you perhaps talking
about a G5? In the latter case: increase the RAM, to at least 2 GB.

Maarten