[OS X TeX] bibtex8 engine and %!TEX TS-program = XeLaTeX

Wed Nov 12 05:46:47 EST 2008

Hi,

as we know if you put this line on top of your TeXShop document it
will trigger the XeLaTeX engine on Cmd-T
	%!TEX TS-program = XeLaTeX

Running bibtex by manually choosing it in the engines' drop-down menu
and clicking Typeset works and will call bibtex
However, I want to run Bibtex8 and have thus created a bibtex8 engine
looking like this (set this up with the help of this list, thanks again)
	#!/bin/bash

	export PATH="$PATH:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin"
	bibtex8 --wolfgang "$(basename -s .tex $1).aux"

Problem is that with the TS-program defined as written above my
bibtex8 engine stopped working and it is overridden by the TS-program
setting. As I said, this will not happen with normal bibtex. How
should I modify my bibtex8 engine in order for it to work regardless
of the TS-program definition?

TIA,

Alex