[OS X TeX] getnonfreefonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 26 05:49:25 EST 2008

Am 26.11.2008 um 07:21 schrieb Roberto Avanzi:

> NOTHING is done upon disabling AND enabling? This puzzles me!

There is half a handful of options you could do:

• check ~/.texlive2008/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log
• run updmap --syncwithtrees
• remove (or rename) ~/Library/texmf
• get the urw++ Arial font support files again (it probably will
recreate ~/Library/texmf)
• no more ideas, too early in the morning, maybe the end of
~/.texlive2008/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log will produce some more

The fact that you neither can enable nor disable a particular MAP
file fragment indicates that updmap's configuration file might
contain some MAP file fragments from TeX Live 2007 ... Obviously the
routine to install (Mac)TeX Live 2008 needs an improvement here:
detect ~/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg – and put it aside. Once
~/.texlive200x/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg exists, ~/Library/texmf/
web2c/updmap.cfg is not read again. But the first time updmap is run
(privately), it's surely fed from ~/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg,
which is then saved, or kept, as ~/.texlive200x/texmf-config/web2c/
updmap.cfg.

So my recommendation is to delete (or rename) ~/.texlive2008/texmf-
config/web2c/updmap.cfg and ~/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg. If
neither of these files exists, updmap would need to use /usr/local/
texlive/2008/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg or such. These system files
should be OK.

--
Greetings

              ~  O