[OS X TeX] How to use special characters in TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 6 08:56:53 EDT 2008

On Oct 5, 2008, at 9:06 PM, Yu (Ryan) Yue wrote:

> Dear genius,
> I was trying to make use of the special characters table in TexShop,
> but just could not do it. I could neither drag the symbol to the
> editor nor find the corresponding LaTeX code. Can anyone give some
> help? Thanks!!
>
> Best,
> Ryan

Howdy,

Are you referring to using TeXShop's Symbol Panel; the one you open
via the Window->LaTeX Panel... menu item (Cmd-Opt--)? Just select the
tab you want and click on the symbol you want; the LaTeX command will
be placed in your document.

There also is a Symbols Widget that does a similar thing available at <http://vocaro.com/trevor/software/widgets/
 >.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)