[OS X TeX] Word to LaTeX

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at wanadoo.fr
Tue Oct 7 13:18:48 EDT 2008

Bonsoir George,

Le 7 oct. 08 à 17:13, George Gratzer a écrit :

> I have a 300 page book in Word, with lots of simple math formulas.
> What is the best way to turn it into a Word document?
>
> Free or commercial, Mac or PC?

I did it with a 100 pages document containing a lot of complex math
formulas.
Here are the different steps:
- I installed rtf2latex2e from sources from sourceforge.net/projects/
rtf2latex2e/
- I converted my document from .DOC to .RTF
- In a Terminal, I used rtf2latex2e

The math formulas in a RTF or DOC file are pictures and are not
converted to TeX code. You have to type the math formulas again.
It was for me a very long work.

Jean-Claude DE SOZA