[OS X TeX] Word to LaTeX

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Wed Oct 8 05:13:22 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 10:13:12AM -0500, George Gratzer wrote:
> I have a 300 page book in Word, with lots of simple math formulas. What
> is the best way to turn it into a Word document?
>
> Free or commercial, Mac or PC?
>
> GG

Word-to-LaTeX (http://kebrt.webz.cz/programs/word-to-latex/) is
Windows-only and works from inside Word. You need to have a bunch of
extra stuff installed, but none of it will cost you any money. It
uses the DesignScience equation editor in the background. This
equation editor has a free trial version, which degrades to reduced
- but maybe still sufficient - functionality after the trial period.

I have looked at Word2TeX too since I read good things about it, but
was turned off by the license, which is tied to a particular
machine, so in the end I never tried it.

--
Siep Kroonenberg