[OS X TeX] anyone using TCOBrowser?

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Sun Oct 12 20:12:05 EDT 2008

On Oct 12, 2008, at 5:52 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> I noticed that TCOBrowser is listed on the Mac TeX wiki, but I'd
> like to deprecate it or remove it.  I've basically stopped updating
> TCOBrowser due to lack of motivation and time.  I think the CTAN
> version of the TeX Catalogue is more useful at this point, anyway
> (it's certainly more up-to-date).  Is anyone still using it?

Adam,
Your code, your rules. If it's dead, it should be listed on the wiki
as "abandonware/freeware", meaning someone else is welcome to pick it
up if they want, but you're washing your hands of it (and dating the
"abandonment"). I'd suggest putting that on it's sourceforge web page
as well. Seeing as you're the only developer, you have complete
ability to define its demise.

On another note... there are folks talking about a Cocoa GUI for
tlmgr, if you are interested. It seems like you might have a lot of
code in place ready to go (or at least a good head start). Just a
thought.
JOe