[OS X TeX] Re: supertabular

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Thu Oct 16 01:20:46 EDT 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 12:00 PM, in MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 12, Issue 15,
Alan Munn <amunn at msu.edu> wrote:

> At 14:25 -0700 14/10/08, John B. Thoo wrote:
>
>> If you would, please add
>> \usepackage{arydshln} and typeset, and tell me
>> if you also get rubbish.  And if you do, what do
>> you suggest I do?  Is there another package
>> besides arydshln that will allow dashed lines in
>> tabular?  TIA.
>
> Yes, it doesn't work, so supertabular is
> incompatible with arydshln.  Depending on what
> functionality you need from supertabular,
> longtable might do the trick, and it seems to be
> compatible with arydshln.

Hi, Alan.  Thanks for confirming that there is an incompatibility
between arydshln and supertabular.  I tried longtable, but I also
seem to find an incompatibility between arydshln and longtable. :-
(  All I need is a simple table break across two pages, along with a
"continued overleaf" caption at the bottom of the first break.

---John.