[OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 4 19:52:37 EDT 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 5:03 PM, Dr. Clea F. Rees wrote:

> My custom install went very smoothly with the MacTeX installer.
>
> I wanted to install the TeX Live Manager and I used the package from
> /Applications/TeX/Utilities/TeX\ Live\ Manager to attempt this. This
> did not go quite as I expected. The binaries were correctly installed
> in /usr/local/bin as far as I can tell, but other items appeared in
> /Library/Perl:
> 	Tie-temp/
> 	Tk-auto-temp/
> 	Tk.pm-temp
> 	Tk-auto-PPC-temp/
> 	Tk-temp/
> 	Tk.pod-temp
> 	fix_4_os2.pl

The tlmgr is already installed as a Command Line Tool with MaCTeX. The
extra install is so that you can use tlmgr in its GUI mode for X11. If
you have OS X 10.5 you already have X11 installed so you can try

sudo tlmgr -gui

to play with the GUI version. You only need the `sudo' if you plan to
install any updates. Right now there aren't any updates to install.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)