[OS X TeX] Re: Ghostscript and ImageMagick

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Sat Sep 6 11:29:47 EDT 2008

I have Ghostscript and ImageMagick in at least two places:
    /usr/local: Ghostscript-8.57, ImageMagick-6.3.3
    /opt/local: Ghostscript-8.63, ImageMagick-6.4.3
I don't know how to remove the earlier, /usr/local, ones, and I don't
know which versions MacTeX will use. How do I insure that MacTex will
use the later, /opt/local, versions?

A possibly related question. My PATH reads
    PATH=/opt/local/bin:/Users/vic/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/
usr/local/bin:/usr/textbin
Does this mean that /opt/local is preferred to /usr/local or visa versa?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Vic