[OS X TeX] xelatexmk and fontspec

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Sep 7 12:54:09 EDT 2008

On Sep 7, 2008, at 11:24 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Sam Cox wrote:
>
>> There was no xelatex-xdv2pdf.engine so I did as you suggested,
>> restarting TeXShop etc.  Now xelatex-xdv2pdf.engine is in ~/Library/
>> TeXShop/Engines.  The first line in the file cv-test.tex is
>>
>> %%!TEX TS-program = xelatex-xdv2pdf
>>
>> Now it does not process at all.  I get this single line in the
>> console:
>>
>> Unmatched `.
>>

>> I am really puzzled.  I guess there is some simple explanation but
>> I do not see it.  Also will this engine process both citation lists?
>>
>> Sam
>

> Howdy,
>
> This engine will not run bibtex at all so it depends upon what you
> mean by ``process both citation lists.''
>
> Could you provide a minimal example of a file that you want to
> process that shows the problems you've described? There seem to be
> multiple things going on.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

Howdy,

Sigh... I went back to your original post, changed the fonts used (I
don't have the Fontina fonts) and, of course, changed the bibliography
citations and bib file name. It all compiles fine here with

%!TEX TS-program = xelatexmk

and all files are automatically processed. So... now we have to figure
out what is going on on your system.

Now that you've got a new Engines folder you'll have to activate the
xelatexmk engine by moving the latexmk engine files from ~/Library/
TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Latexmk/ up to ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ and
restart TeXShop.

Try using other fonts at first (Hoefler Text is an ok roman font,
Optima for sans and Monaco for monospaced) and let's see what happens.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)