[OS X TeX] GNUPLOT on Mac

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 15 13:23:08 EDT 2008

On 14-09-2008, at 21:56, Peter Vamos wrote:

> So I would definitely recommend this method and reproduce Vic
> Norton's guide but prepend steps -1 and 0 to it:
>
> -1. If you haven't done it yet, install X11 from the system install
> disc
>  0. Install AquaTerm from    <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=39915&type=1

I'm not sure about this step, since the Gnuplot.app seems to contain
Aquaterm and the framework.

If one is going to compile gnuplot from source then you certainly need
Aquaterm and the framework.
If you're only going to use gnuplot, then Gnuplot.app contains
everything you need except for X11.
It's by far the easiest method since I have also found that compiling
gnuplot from source is not as straightforward as it seems.

Berend Hasselman