[OS X TeX] BBEdit integration scripts / interactive mode

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 28 03:46:04 EDT 2008

On 28 sep 2008, at 05:33, Richard Seguin wrote:

>> Note that the full compile will run the file and go the the
>> indicated source of the error if an error is detected.

I scan the log file for errors, and activate BBEdit with that line
selected.

> When I run in nonstop mode, Skim reloads the PDF file without
> complaint even when there is an error, and if I think there may have
> been an error, I have to bring the terminal forward and then scroll
> up to find an error message.
>
> I might add that the latest version of Skim, which appeared a day or
> two ago, seems to be reloading the PDF files more quickly than the
> previous version.

The current version of the script should only activate Skim and force
it to reload after a successful TeX run. I may need to revise that
code, but that is the intention. Reloading is done explicitly, I do
not rely on teh Skim auto-detection, as recommended for multiple TeX
runs.

Maarten