[OS X TeX] BBEdit integration scripts / interactive mode

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 28 22:31:05 EDT 2008

Maarten,

I just discovered that for some reason I was running your old Run
pdflatex script and your old Shellscripts. So I installed the new ones
dated in August of this year and tried those after having turned auto-
refresh off in Skim. When I invoke Run pdflatex it compiles non-stop
as expected and the Skim window moves to the foreground. But at this
point nothing is updated in the Skim display, even after a long while.
Then when I click on BBEdit to bring it to the foreground, Skim
suddenly refreshes the display.

I did discover though that if you insert \errorstopmode in the source
it then runs in that mode. It does have the problem of not giving you
any obvious feedback when the compile encounters an error.

So, I'm back to running your old scripts with auto-reload turned on in
Skim and

\errorstopmode
\synctex=1

as the first two lines of my source. This works very nicely for my
purposes, and I'm getting an obvious visual cue when the compile
encounters an error: Skim does not flash the "Reloading document"
message on the screen.

Richrad Séguin