[OS X TeX] Using texindy for French

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Mon Apr 13 12:25:50 EDT 2009

Le 13 avr. 09 à 17:03, André Bellaïche a écrit :

> Has anybody on this list tried to compile a French index with
> texindy ?
>
> The main problem is the slimness of the documentation : 5 pages for
> texindy, 3 for xindy. Si I could not fien the answers to the
> following questions:
>
> 1) How does one tell texindy that the file contains diacritics?
>
> Clearly, -L french is not enough
>
> How does one tell it that the input encoding is applemac?

As far as I can tell: you can't applemac doesn't seem to be one of the
encodings provided... Basically, it looks a lot like only windows
(with a ton of cpxxx encodings) and linux encodings are supported...
Look at /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/xindy/lang/french/

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)